We are a little more than a month away from the Music City Karaoke Summit 2013, to be held June 20 at the Hilton Nashville Downtown, and the list of topics is already up at the official site. Here’s a quick look:
- State Of The Cloud Address
- Sync Licensing – Your song isn’t on karaoke
- Sync Rights In A Global Economy
- Consumer Demands in the Karaoke Trenches
- Flaming Hoops – Clearing A Song For Karaoke
- Piracy Interdiction Efforts in the US
- Structuring Licensing Contracts
- Software Tools for Accurate Reporting
- Future Tech – Where The Cloud Is Going
If you were plugged into last year’s summit, you already know that it was the first time in history that the movers and shakers from the US karaoke industry came together in one room.
In spite of the potentially adversarial nature of the assembly, it turned out that everyone in attendance acknowledged the threats facing the industry and pledged to work together to try and mitigate them. They even felt strongly enough to sign their names to the pledge.
A quick glance at the topic list would seem to indicate plans to really get down to the nitty-gritty this year. Licensing and piracy are always hotly-debated topics, and the digital forecast promises to be a highlight to finish things with a bang. Lets hope everyone leaves with a smile on their face like they did last year.