Charlie Puth is well known for his song “We Don’t Talk Anymore” featuring artist Selena Gomez. Charlie now has a newly released song, “Attention“, which has quickly become a hit. I myself, am a huge fan of Mr. Puth and when I started going through all of his songs I was surprised to see when he actually started his career as a singer and it’s great to see where he was and where he is now.
Let’s take it back a little and review the evolution of Charlie Puth.
Charlie Puth years in review:
- 2009: Charlie first started making YouTube videos in 2009, his old channel has since been deleted.
- 2011: Charlie became a contestant on “Can You Sing” with host Perez Hilton, which is said to be how he originally kick-started his career. He was also nominated in 2011 for a PopCrush music award and won!
- 2015 was a big year for Charlie and a busy one at that. His songs “See You Again” featuring Wiz Khalifa and “One Call Away” was nominated 7 times and won 3/7. Some of those nominations were for the Teen Choice Award, MTV Europe Awards, American Music Awards, Radio Disney Music Award, and Hollywood Music in Media Awards.
- 2016 his song “See You Again” continued to stay at the top of the charts landed him nominations at the Billboard Music Awards five times with him taking home one win. He was also nominated Top New Artist. MTV Europe Music Awards nominated him for Best Push Act Award as well.
- In 2017, he was up for another nomination on behalf of MTV Video Music Awards for Best Collaboration with artist Selena Gomez for their song “We Don’t Talk Anymore.”
- In 2018, BreakTudo Awards 2017 reached out to him and he was nominated again, this time for Best Male Artist International.
He has not had any recent wins but is definitely breaking ground with his new song. With the way things are going for him, I am sure he will have another win soon.
Keep doing your thing, Charlie!